Math placement is determined by the Department of Mathematical Sciences and can be accomplished by fulfilling one of the three requirements:
- A sufficient ACT MATH or SAT MATH score.
- Credit in the prerequisite course.
- The U of A Math Placement Test process.
For more information on the Math Placement Test, visit here.
Some students may qualify for a temporary override into a higher math class than indicated by ACT or math placement scores. Temporary overrides are only granted for:
- Students expecting to submit AP credit from Calculus AB or Calculus BC exams.
- Students planning to submit transcripts from another institution indicating college credit for a prerequisite.