Day of Advising & Registration
Preparing for Your Advising Appointment
1. Have the following pulled up on your computer:
- Log in to Microsoft Teams 15 minutes ahead of time to make sure your appointment can start on-time. Your advisor will “call your computer" on Microsoft Teams. Students with phone appointments should be available 15 minutes prior as well.
- Log in to UAConnect
2. Be prepared with the following items available during the virtual advising session:
- Have access to any transcripts or test scores (AP, updated ACT or SAT scores)
- Questions written down to ask your advisor
Registering for Classes After Your Advising Appointment
1. You will receive an email from UASuccess with notes from your advising appointment.
2. You will register for the courses indicated in your email. You can use the following for help:
- Step by Step Instructions for UAConnect and Schedule Planner.
- Student UAConnect Help Center for help navigating the system
- Video example of Schedule Planner Basics
- Video example of Using Locks to narrow down classes in Schedule Planner
- Video example of Using Options to narrow down class sections in Schedule Planner
- Video example of DROP and SWAP features in UAConnect
- Video example of Enrolling in class in UAConnect without using Schedule Planner
3. Once you have finished registering for fall classes, you need to complete the Peer Mentor Match Survey. You will need to have your schedule pulled up to complete the survey.
Our orientation videos, guidebooks, FAQs and website will help answer many of your questions. If you still need assistance, send us an email from your UARK account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and your student ID number along with your questions or concerns.