Preparing for Advising Appointment
As you plan to attend your summer orientation session, you will need to complete the following steps to prepare for your one-on-one advising appointment. Write down questions you have. They may get answered by the next video or in the guidebooks. If not, you will have them available at your appointment.
Note: All steps should be completed 2-3 days before your advising appointment.
1. Check your UARK email account. You will receive an email from UASuccess Calendar 5 days prior to your orientation session with your specific one-on-one advising appointment time. The email will contain information on your initial math placement based on ACT and SAT scores on file. You will use this information to complete the Fall Math Verification Form in Step 3.
2. Watch the Orientation Overview video to learn about the First-Year Engineering Program and begin the orientation advising process.
3. Complete the Fall Math Verification Form to determine your starting math class. Then you will watch the video below that pertains to your fall math class:
6. Watch the following videos about special programsthat may interest you.
- The Honors College video to learn more about joining the Honors College.
- The Honors Experience video to learn about unique experience for select Honors students starting in Calculus II and above. Interested students should complete this application form.
- The Premed video to learn more about pursuing Premed within engineering.
- The German Dual Degree video to learn about a unique International Engineering Program.
- The Engineering Living Learning Community video to learn about an opportunity to live with other first-year engineering students in Yocum Hall. Interested students should email Chris Cagle.
7. Complete the Engineering Pre-Advising Form to provide your advisor with information necessary to plan your fall schedule. This should be completed at least 2-3 days prior to your advising appointment.
8. Read the Student Guidebook in its entirety prior to your one-on-one advising appointment.