Welcome to the College of Engineering!
We are excited to welcome you to the College of Engineering and Engineering One-Stop. During the college meeting, you will learn about Engineering One-Stop, courses for your first semester, meet one-on-one with an academic advisor, and register for courses.
Parents and supporters, we encourage you to attend with your student. You will attend group presentations so you can ask questions at that time.
Needing to change your major, orientation session, or have other questions for NSO? Please see the New Student Orientation FAQ.
Preparing for Advising Appointment
As you plan to attend your orientation session, you will need to complete the following steps to prepare for your one-on-one advising appointment. Write down questions you have.
- All first-year engineering students are required to have a laptop. Review the minimum standards for the University to make sure you have a laptop that meets or exceeds these standards.
- Check your UARK email account to ensure you do not miss any important communication.
- Verify that all Transfer Credit and Test Scores have been sent to the UofA.
- Students can view their posted transfer credit in UAConnect. From Student Home page, click on Academic Records tile, then click Transfer Credit to see what credits have being received and posted. In the same tile, click on Other Academics then Academic Test Summary to see ACT, SAT, AP, CLEP, IB and ALEKS test scores.
- If the credits have not posted, verify that you have paid to send transcripts from the college or university you earned credit.
- Determine starting math class using the Math Placement Criteria or completing the Fall Math Verification Form to determine your starting math class.
- If your starting math class is College Algebra or Precalculus, we encourage you to take the ALEKS Math Placement Exam.
- Familiarize yourself with UAConnect. You can view tips for help with UAConnect.